Lohberger Engineering’s roots as a company go back to the 1930’s when it was a supplier of electrical generators and parts to business and industry in central province. The assets and equipment of this proto-company were purchased by Ernie Lohberger who arrived here as a young man in 1961 and out of them was formed Lohberger Engineering. The subsequent 50 years have seen an expansion of the company to operate multiple branches in Port Moresby and Lae with mobile technical teams that can be deployed even to the most remote corners of PNG.
From early on Lohberger Engineering has been involved in the supply and maintenance of generating sets in plantations, factories, hotels and mines around PNG. We quickly realised that parts and service are as important as the supply of new generators so we created a dedicated mechanical department to ensure all our products were backed by quality experienced technical support. Our workshops in Port Moresby and Lae have full machining facilities with machine shops as well as full mechanical and electrical departments that have their own dedicated workshops.